Weather Maps

Weather Map



Local Weather

Monday, July 9, 2012

About Me And This Blog


I am a 61 year old wife (married for 33 years), mother, and grandmother. I am retired after working with kids for 20 years. I am a three time cancer survivor and have now been in remission since May 2011. I am a writer, genealogist, family historian, collector, photographer, scrapbooker, crafter, collage artist, a Syncretic Eclectic Spiritualist Pagan, and a life long autodidactic student of history, humanity (Anthropology and Metaphysics) and world religions. This blog is about my life, studies, beliefs, art and interests including art, culture, fashion, cuisine, health, mythology and more. 


Based on my studies and observations, human beings are influenced by a trio of five elements: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and energy affected by food, environment, sounds, sights, and smells, as well as who, what, when, why and how. I've learned that these 15 elements need to be as positive as possible and that we need to learn the coping skills to deal with the negative challenges that always emerge. I believe in both destiny and free will, which means we all have a script of our life from the moment we are conceived, if not before. But nothing in that script says it can't be re-written and changed as situations themselves change. In fact, it is our responsibility to make those changes and not just sit back and blame fate on the things that happen to us. Everything happens for a reason.

No comments: