Weather Maps

Weather Map



Local Weather

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Who I Am and What I Believe



*I am a wife, mom, and "grandma".

*I've been married to the love of my life for nearly 33 years.

*I worked with kids for 20 years in daycare and school settings.

*I taught parenting classes and worked as a Parent Liaison at a middle school.

*I am an Eclectic Spiritualist Pagan who is also a student of comparative religions, which means you will see information from all religions and cultures here.

*We lost our daughter, Courtney, in 2000, when she was 16.
She died while taking a shower, and the cause has never been determined. However, we believe she had an undiagnosed heart problem.

*We lost four babies to miscarriages.

*I am a surviving twin; my twin sister was stillborn.

*My younger sister is also a surviving twin; her twin sister died due vanishing twin syndrome. I believe Courtney was a vanishing twin survivor as well.




I consider each person's belief system as something highly personal and individual. I call myself an "Eclectic Spiritualist Pagan", and my Magickal names come from any different traditions and pantheons. They seem to work well together and provide me with a nice balance.






I am a student of comparative religions, of all religions, current and past, and new ones just beginning.


I try to learn about the history and culture and beauty of each one. As I learn new things, I borrow teachings that speak to me and incorportate them into my own personal practice. I believe this is what true religion should be, each person having a personal relationship with his or her high power/creator/God/Goddess in that way that fits their life and needs.


People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your path doesn't mean they've gotten lost.



I am an Ordained Interfaith Minister with
Church of Seven Planes
Universal Life Church
Church of Spiritual Humanism





My name is Cindi, and my birthname, Cynthia, means hunter (the archer) of the moon. My planets are the Moon and Jupiter. My astrological sign is Sagittarius and the symbol is the centurion; half man/half horse, the archer. Jupiter is the planet of Sagittarius.


My magic number is 3. My element is water. My power stones and crystals are moonstone and turquoise, my metal is silver. My symbols are the moon and three stars, pyramids, angels, whales, a white horse, and Kokopelli.


Over the years I have taken on new Magickal names that I continue to add to: Epona'Bri Saoirse Malaika-Noor Rhiannon Raven Chita-Kini Tyrsdottir Astra-Peace.





Epona is for the Goddess Epona; the Goddess of fertility, freedom, and creativity. He symbol is that of the white horse and means energy, fertility and power.

Bri is Celtic for Strength and for the Celtic Faerie Queen.
Saoirse (Pronounced: SEER-sha) is Celtic for Freedom.

Malaika-Noor (Pronunced: mah lah EE kah) is Arabic for Angel and Noor is Light.

Rhiannon for the Welsh Goddess.
Raven who is my primary totem and a Native American symbol.
Chita and Kini is my name in Japanese and in Hawaiian.

Tyrsdottir for Nordic God Tyr
Astra-Peace which is my soul name meaning universal love and peace.





I believe in a God and a Goddess, who appear in various forms, as I believe it takes both male and female energy to create everything.


I believe in both creationism and evolution.





I believe in angels, saints, and Goddesses, believing that all are the messengers of The Creators.
I honor several Goddesses (Epona, Diana, Hestia, Rhiannon, Isis, Kali, Nyx, Gaia, Luna, Hecate, Lillith, and Kwan Yin), several Gods (Anubis, Odin, Proteus, The Horned God, Tyr, Hermes, Mercury, Thoth, Achilles, Thanatos, Jupiter, Mithra, Triton), and several Catholic saints (Saint Christopher, Saint Nicholas, Saint Katherine, Saint Jerome, Mary Magdalene, Saint Bernadette, Saint Lucia, and Joan of Arc).


I believe in an afterlife, in heaven, in what the Pagans call Summerland (or the Summerlands), and what I still call Heaven.


I believe in spirit guides and animal totems and that they can take the form of departed friends and family members, animals, angels, saints, teachers, and ascended masters.





I believe that all human beings go on to the next life in one form or another, although some stay on the otherside and become Guardian Angels, Guides and Teachers.



Some become part of the Hierarchy of Angels (God's messengers). Some live a new life in heaven and become enlightened and go on to another level and purpose.
Others choose to be reincarnated back to this life; perhaps they have some unfinished business here on earth or need to make amends for bad decisions or choices they made in their first life. I believe that angels can also incarnate in physical form as human beings, and are called Incarnated Angels.


I believe in an afterlife, in past lives, in reincarnation and parallel lives as well as lifetimes in other dimensions. I would hate to think that this life is our one and only. What purpose would it serve to learn lessons to not get a chance to live with that new knowledge in a new life, a second chance, perhaps a third or more?





I do not believe in the concepts of evil, hell, demons, or satan. I believe that everyone is responsible for their own actions, not an "embodied entity" to blame them on. And when people do bad or so-called "evil" things, they are making bad choices, had bad role models, or broken in body and mind.


I believe in magick and the power of prayer, and that witchcraft spells and rituals are just basically prayer with props.

The word Witch comes from the 'wicce' which means 'wise one.'
The word Pagan comes from the word 'paganus' which means 'country dweller.'

The word Heathen means dwelling 'on the hearth'


The church changed the meanings of all of these words to mean 'ungodlike', 'unbelievers', 'devil worship'.

Most Pagans, Witches and Heathens believe in a high power, such Gods and Goddesses, and do not believe in the concept of a devil, much less worship one.

I believe in the laws of karma or "cause and effect.". In other words, "What goes around comes around."


I believe in the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have then do unto you."


I believe in the Wiccan Rede, "An it harm none, do as ye will."




I do not believe that Jesus is my savior, but a gifted teacher and prophet just as Zoroaster, Krishna, Gandhi, Buddha, Mother Theresa, Amma-Chi, Moses, The Dalai Lama, Abraham, Miriam, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Blavatsky, Edgar Cayce, Merlin, Zecharia Sitchin, Pope John Paul ll, and other great and spiritual people are.



I believe that faith was created by God and the Goddess, but religion was created by man. I don't believe that any one religion is any better than any other one. They all have their purposes and fulfill personal needs.  I believe that all paths lead to the same destination, to a Higher Power and to Enlightenment.






I do not believe that the Bible is the word of God or written by the hand of God, anymore than the Qu'an or the Torah are, but all are inspirational books that are written by human beings based on their own experiences, needs and opinions. 

The word Bible simply means a collection of books and that can be any books.
The word Holy means sacred, divine, hallowed and is not limited in it's usage to just Christianity. 

The church chose to use the Holy Bible as the title of their collection of writings, which was canonized (which means 'rule', and can apply to any religion or belief system), approved and changed by several groups of men over time. 

So any collection of inspirational writings (religion, science, art, poetry) compiled in to what someone considers to be a sacred collection and call it a Holy Bible.





I believe in miracles and magick. I believe in respect of Mother Nature (The Goddess), and in reverence of spirit and faith (God).






I believe in honoring the elements of earth, wind, water, fire, and spirit. 
I honor the moon, the sun, and the stars.





I believe in angels, aliens, faeries, vampires, and other so-called mystical beings and creatures. 

I believe in the use of candles (fire), crystals (earth), fountains and ponds (water), windchimes (wind), divination (spirit)

I believe in rituals; communion, candle lightings and candle meditations, blessings, prayers, spells, labyrinths, meditation, vision quests, chanting, smudging, spirit guides....

(Christian, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Native American, Celtic, Pagan, Buddhist all share in some forms of these rituals). 

I practice and am still learning about aromatherapy, herbs, crystals, runes, chakras, and tarot. 

I am a starseed, a lightworker, an Indigo-Crystal Child, a Triple Walk In, and an Intuitive Empath.

My religion, my belief system, my faith is still evolving, as I learn more about the past, the future, the present, and myself.

I don't expect you to believe as I do, but I do ask you to respect my beliefs just as I will respect yours.





Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for generations.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything merely on authority of your teachers and elders.
But when, after observation and analysis, you find anything that agrees with reason,
and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
 -The Buddha's Kalama Sutra


Three things from which never to be moved: one's Oaths, one's Gods, and the Truth.
The three highest causes of the true human are: Truth, Honor, and Duty.
Three candles that illuminate every darkness: Truth, Nature, and Knowledge.
~Traditional Celtic Triads~


Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference.





May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
a Sheltering Angel......
So nothing can harm you.


When Christ taught that God commanded people to "love each other as I have loved you", He didn't add a footnote that said, "except for the gays, the people of other religions, the people of other colors, the poor, or those who don't live up to your expectations.
~ Cindi


Freedom of Religion Means All Religons!





And we all shine on, like the Moon and the Stars and the Sun. (John Lennon)


The Divine in Me Sees and Honors the Divine in You. Namaste!


May the God of your Choice Bless You!



No comments: