Weather Maps

Weather Map



Local Weather

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Orgasm? What Orgasm?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-is-your-orgasm-on-antidepressants_us_56bce29fe4b0c3c5505078ac?

In 2006 I had a hysterectomy and my female doctor told me to say goodbye to a sex life, that most women who have this lose their sex drive completely. I bought into that. No one told me that medications I had been on since 2000 (anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds, sleeping pills and later lots of pain pills) would actually be the cause. It was the old idea of: "you're over 50, what would you want to have sex for anyway, be happy it's over!!"

When I finally decided that enough was enough in 2011 and decided go off of all meds, which took me two years of tapering down, I really didn't know what to expect and frankly, at that point, sex was the least of my concerns.

But in 2013, while I lie on the couch shaking in pain from severe withdrawal, I discovered quite by accident that masturbating until I achieved an orgasm greatly helped my pain. Now, up this point, I had rarely had an orgasm, so this was amazing.

Once I finally was able to get up off the couch and get back on the computer, I started researching why this was happening.. why now, at this point in my life. Shouldn't sex be the last thing on my mind?

What I learned astounded me. And royally pissed me off. The things the doctors told me were wrong. All the things I learned in my 20's and 30's were wrong. The things we were taught as young girls in the 60's were WRONG!!

All of this has led to a two year study of human sexuality and the realization that what is being taught to kids and adults about sex is STILL wrong. And they wonder why people are so messed up. This is one very good reason.

No comments: