Weather Maps

Weather Map



Local Weather

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Meditation: Starting Out

I know for me, it was to take it a step at a time. At first, just choosing a place to meditate. Then sitting there with the intention of meditating. 
Then finally spending just one minute meditating and working up from there. I learned these techniques when I was in therapy after my car accident, and I was afraid to drive again.
It doesn't have to be a certain place, although that would be nice. It's just identifying it as "my meditation place". This can change as needed. Places could be on a couch, in a corner on the floor, outside under a tree, or on a beach, or even in the bathtub. Sometimes the best place is sitting cross legged in the middle of your bed...
I like sitting on the deck in the sun too. The beach. Walking around the neighborhood. While watching a mediation video that I have... it practically hypnotizes you...
In the bathtub. In the bedroom in the middle of the bed, and if I fall asleep... that's even better!
Sometimes just "being" is meditating. All meditation is, is the gradual shift in focusing your thoughts and attention.
When you sit and watch a fire blazing in the fireplace or watching fish in an aquarium, you are meditating.
When you zone off while watching a good movie or a great book, that is meditating.
Also when you watch waves on the beach or a sunrise or sunset.
You can use other items to focus on and it's their simplicities that make them work so well... a candle flame, a quartz crystal, a mandala, colored lights.
You can meditate while walking, in a park, a beach or on a labyrinth... any place you don't have to worry about traffic.
There are so many ways and places that a person can meditate....

No comments: